Sunday Round Up - 3rd of June 2018 edition.Read More
Sunday roundup for the week ending the 24th of July 2017. Please contact me if you would like to be featured on security-sleuth.com.
I'll be travelling around the globe over the next month post may appear less frequently than ususal.Read More
Its been a year since I started security-sleuth.com. 2015 has been an amazing year for me on both a personal and professional level, I can definitely correlate a large part of my success and happiness this year to starting this blog and writing about security, about privacy and being able to share my thoughts with the world. although theres still a long list of things I would like to have completed this year I am happy with the momentum thats been building overall on the site and 2016 will be about expanding on that more than ever.
Heres some of what I mange to achieve in security-sleuth.com’s year zero:
- An average of 3,500 visitors to the site every month.
- One of the most popular metasploit tutorials on the internet you can read it here.
- Over 1000 twitter followers with almost no promotion.
- A tumblr site which people seem to be interested in.
- 34 Original posts on topics like:
- Interviews with Security Pro’s
- Thoughts on the Industry
Heres what I would like to do in the next year lets call it year one:
- More Tutorials on essential security and pentesting tools e.g. metasploit, nmap and many more.
- Hacking wearables!
- Drone Takedowns (getting close here)
- Some Posts on app Disassembly / Forensics
- Launching my password storage app for iOS
- More coverage of Privacy tools
- Get covered on a Security blogging site (Please reach out if you can help here)
- Put an eBook together
Also for the many emails I receive from people asking me how to hack people or asking for me to go through things i have already listed in the tutorial this ones for you:
As always thank you for your continued support, until next time!
So every week I either tweet or save to pocket at least several interesting articles and posts, instead of keeping these to myself I have decided to start sharing them with you all! Here is the week that was:
- The hacks of Mr Robot: http://null-byte.wonderhowto.com/how-to/hacks-mr-robot-hack-bluetooth-0163586/
- Flying a Drone in your Browser: https://hacks.mozilla.org/2015/08/flying-a-drone-in-your-browser-with-webbluetooth/
- Intro to basic Hard Drive Forensics: https://www.vanimpe.eu/2015/08/17/intro-to-basic-forensic-investigation-of-a-hard-drive/
- Mimikatz – Gather Windows Credentials: http://www.darknet.org.uk/2015/07/mimikatz-gather-windows-credentials/
- Stupid things people have put on the internet: http://www.slideshare.net/vissago/115-batshit-stupid-things-you-can-put-on-the-internet-in-as-fast-as-i-can-go-somebody-get-me-a-drink
If you found some other interesting stuff this week feel free to leave a link to it in the comments section.