Its now been a 2 years since I started security-sleuth.com. As we approach 2017 l would like to quickly reflect on what I did on this site (which is a lot in retrospect). This site I hope still provides a useful starting place for a lot of people in the world interested in infosec and I’ll continue to keep building on the original vision I had for the site back in 2015.
Much like year zero, although theres still a long list of things I would like to have completed this year I am happy with the momentum thats been building overall on the site and 2017 will be about shifting my focus back to this site once the app development activities I have been working on settle down.
Heres some of what I mange to achieve going into security-sleuth.com’s second year:
- An average of 9,400 visitors to the site every month.
- One of the most popular bluetooth (BLE) tutorials on the internet you can read it here.
- Im now up to over 1400 twitter followers with almost no promotion.
- My Tumblr site is still building momentum.
- In addition to the with I have been working on releasing my first iOS app (fingers crossed it’s being reviewed by apple now) find out more here.
- 64 Original posts on topics like:
- Bluetooth Security
- Reverse engineering
- Mobile Security
- app development
- and much, much more
Heres more of what I would like to cover in 2017 (some of this list is still the same as 2016):
- More Tutorials on essential security and pentesting tools.
- Hacking wearables!
- Hacking / delving into IoT devices
- Drone Takedowns (More work needed here)
- More coverage of Privacy tools
- Put an eBook together
- SHODAN tutorials
As always thank you for your continued support, until next time!